Re: BSG'S Looks Into The Heart Of Celtics Darkness

Way, this was a real thoughtful and incisive post. You said that you were
venting, but you weren't ranting, your take on the team was measured and
reasoned. I've been a Celtic fan for 40 years, even the bad teams didn't
feel the way this team does because most of us (me!) felt we were on our
way again when Pitino was signed. The team is regressing, and losing 14 out
of 18 with the season and the playoffs on the line is deserving of boos. I
vacillate between patience and despair because it don't look like the
cavalry is comin' anytime soon. Pitino got the big bucks because of his
rep, and he has not deserved the money and commercials and his tv show thus
far. He gave us the bs about the great fans and tradition when he came, and
now he's complaining that we are remembering the players and team play that
those great teams had! "Larry Bird isn't walking through the door"? Well
neither is Red Auerbach or Pat Riley. Rick was practically a God in
Kentucky, but let those bluegrass boys see a few seasons of this incoherent
mess we've been forced to view and he'd be hopping on one of his
thoroughbreds to get out of town quick.