Re: NOT THE PLAYERS

I agree with you Cecil. How the heck can the coach be
held responsible for a game like last night's. You
should hear the callers on WEEI this morning. I hate
that the people that call and make the most noise are
the ones that make Celtic fans sound like ignorant
idiots. One guy who is on right this instant is saying
how he tapped V on the shoulder last night after the
game and told him to go back to Cleveland. Then he
complains that V wasn't very nice to him. He's damn
lucky he didn't get his face punched in. What kind of
idiot would make a comment like that after such a
tough loss. V has been, in my mind one of the
brightest spots on this team. That's why when Ordway
on the "Big Show" day after day talks about what a
horrible trade it was to get V, I get so mad. I think
that was one of Rick's best moves. I think V is great.
He's a bull down low, even Shaq had a time moving him
around, he gives Mourning fits, he's developed a good
offensive game and has improved his rebounding. He's
young, and he's locked up, and for not a huge number,
either.

It seems the callers and fans all want instant
gratification, just as you stated. That's just not
possible in this situation. As far as Rick saying they
would make the playoffs in 3 years, he's being hanged
for those words, and yet, they're not THAT far from
that goal. Sure the recent stretch has been
discouraging, but the team has not quit in any sense
of the word. I get more admiration for Antoine as time
goes on. He plays hard all the time, he wants to win
so badly you can see it. I am a little disappointed in
Pierce, but he's clearly frustrated as well. I really
think they need to keep the core of this team
together, including the coach. Fill some needs, which
are a bench scorer, a larger backup point guard, and a
wily veteran big man. Add those to our draft pick this
year, and I think you'll see a huge leap next year.