Re: Good-bye draft picks-and future?

Pierce and Mercer are the least complementary players I've ever seen on the
court together. As long as Mercer is out their imposing his will to jack up
shots (while delivering little in terms of rebounds or assists), Paul Pierce
turns into "Toto from Kansas" Mr wallflower boy. Ron Mercer even jacked up more
shots than Antoine per game once he rejoined the team from injury last year,
just in time coincidentally to start us on our season-killing 4-14 run.

This season, Pierce stepped into Mercer's vacated role and presently is second
in the NBA in steals. And while he's "no Vince Carter", he averages just as many
rebounds as VC while playing fulltime at the shooting guard position.

The only thing "devastating" about this trade IMO is that it shows beyond doubt
how an egotistical, dogmatic coach can take a team with two young scorers and
several well-rounded, quality role players and still totally screw things up.
The final nail in the coffin will be when Pitino blows up this team this summer.

I know there are very intelligent opinions on both sides, but that happens to be
my take on things, Mark.

Joe

****