Re:More Strategy for the future

I really don't think blowing up the team in the off
season is the answer. That's pretty much what he's
done already the last two seasons. I truly think for a
team to develop into a winner, they need to play
together. Develop together, learn to win together, and
yes, lose together. They've got that last part down
pretty good, now they need to start on the other
areas. I think we need to keep the core together. I
consider the core to be:

Antoine
Pierce
Kenny
Griffin
Vitaly

Those 5 need to stay together, and play together as
much as possible. I would hang on to Battie and
Fortson as well.

I *wish* we could just dump everyone else. renounce
'em all. See ya Dana, so long Eric, Nice knowing you
Calbert, been real Perv, stay off that hip Greg, take
care Doug. Remember that Tommy loves you, Waltah. I
know that isn't realistic. Eric's contract forces us
to keep him. It's really too bad he couldn't revert to
his rookie form. I guess I had almost counted on that
happening. I'm not sure about the rest. Dana has a
year left, I think Calbert signed a 2 or 3 year deal.
Too bad the NBA wasn't more like the NFL. You can get
quality veterans in the NFL for the league minimum. I
would try like the dickens to sign a few veteran
characters to lend some stability to the young core.

A second unit scorer is a necessity. D. Anderson from
the slippers would be a nice fit there.

A bigger backup point guard to keep from other teams
posting us up down the stretch.

A wily old experienced big man would be helpful.
Someone in the Sam Perkins, Kevin Willis type of
range.

I think those 3 additions, along with our lottery pick
this year, Would help the club make huge strides next
year.

So our Starting 5 remains the same, (Unless Griffin is
replaced and becomes the 6th man)

Vitaly
Antoine
Griffin
Pierce
Kenny

Then the bench is

Fortson
Battie
Scorer (D. Anderson?)
Wily Veteran
Bigger Point guard.

Waltah and Eric we're forced to keep. But they're
Garbagemen, or at best, spot, situational players.