Heres some logic for you...

Hey all,

Heres some logic on the Celtics - Portland proposed trade.

Chicago was known to have offered #7 (which was to be Jamal Crawford)
straight up to Portland.

Chicago is one team with little talent that is behind us but with the
salary cap space to get ahead of us. Pitino obviously realises the
talent that Jermaine possesses and did not want Chicago to get him so
cheaply so leaks came about that Rick Pitino wanted Jermaine O'Neal
(which was true) to up the price that Chicago would have to pay.

Chicago's left the bid of 7th (Jamal Crawford) and 24th overall
(whomever) for the Blazers to consider; Portland came back and told
Boston that that was the offer which they would have to counter,
therefore the Celtics placed three first round draft picks on the table
(Celtics pick this year, next year (non-Denver) and the one the year
after - keeping within league rules), which the Bulls countered back
with their three from this year.

Fizer was selected for Portland (they apparently were high on him also),
Jamal Crawford and their european (whom I forget).

I personally find this scenario the easiest to believe; Rick's interest
in getting Jermaine O'Neal was based solely on upping the price that
Chicago would have to pay for him.

Comments??