Can this trade be far behind?!

I agree.  How in the world can O'Neal be worth 3 #1s?  There is one O'Neal
worth 3 #1s but he doesn't play for Portland.  Everyone in the league knows
that Rick must be desperate so he is not working from a position of
leverage.  Everyone will gladly trade with Rick if they toss Pierce in the
deal.  Can you see it now.......

The Celtics trade Pierce, Griffin, their two #1s in 2001, a future #1 in
2002 (not protected for the lottery because we won't be in it says Rick) for
P.J. Brown, Jamal Mashurn and the rights to Eddie House.

Commenting on the trade Pitino states, "We really wanted Pat (Riley) to
throw in Ernest Brown but he wanted two future second rounders which just
weren't willing to part with.  We save those for foreign diamonds" alluding
to Boston's past success scouting European players.

Continuing, "Most trades are fair, but I believe we really got over on
Miami.  Mashburn was the key to the trade.  I mean, he is my favorite
all-time player and I'm tickled to death that Miami even considered by first
overture.  Pierce has been a great player but he just couldn't grasp the
complexities of a Pitino defense - something that Mashburn to this day is
still familiar.

When asked about the first rounders given up, "I did extensive research on
the Boston Celtics igtc.com mailing list and was pleasantly surprised to
learn that late first round picks turn out to be more bad than good.
Knowing that we will be contending for the Eastern Conference over the next
few years I don't believe we were giving up the ability to draft the next
"Tim Duncan".  In addition, we'll have at least one 2nd rounder in the next
three years so it's not like draft day won't be meaningful.  Think about it,
getting this Turkish kid that Wallace tells me makes Kukoc look like a WNBA
player, was worth a lot more than we have to give up.  I considered some of
the high school talent but you knows U.S.-schooled kids have been pampered
and just difficult to motivate.  That is why we also drafted Moiso who was
not contimanitated by the U.S. public school system.  I am real excited to
know he has a chance to make the France Olympic team and look forward to see
how he fares against Kevin Garnett in the low post.  I think Celtic fans
will be surprised."