and coaches.  But, while I liked the idea of Alexander being available
to us, he is not the role player we need.  If we keep Pierce and
Walker as our two twenty points a night men, then we need the #1 and
#5 positions.  Forget best player when it comes to Alexander because
he didn't fit and because of his attitude/ball hog reputation (true or
not) he may not bring that much in a trade; certainly, not a good big
man.  Adrian Griffin is more valuable to the team than such a shooting
guard.

Secondly, none of us saw Moiso's workouts.  Few have seen him play
more than an occasional TV game.  But the stats indicate he had his
best games against the best teams--who had big front lines.  The guy
is nimble and talented on both ends of the floor.  So he drifts.  So
he needs weight (he is 235).  So what?  At #11 we're getting the raw
materials that may make him an excellent Center/Power Forward for many
years.  I'm glad we did not get another slow-footed Montross clone,
whether Pryzbilla or Tsakidilis or Chris Mihm.  For big men, I would
have preferred only Swift.

#3:  Comparisons to Battie are all we have, but we all admit that
Battie has ability; he just can't bring it every night.  So, Paul
Pierce does?  AW does?  This is part of the conundrum of a developing
team.  We want a consistent winner and we want a quick fix.  It's hard
to get both.  It took Shaq seven years.  Some may achieve it quickly,
like Orlando, but their stars fell just right for them.  Our
stars--Barros, McCarty, Minor--still droop about our necks like
albatrosses.

And, finally:  Sezar looks pretty good.  I was wondering as I dropped
off easily to sleep (old "Bobs" can do that) what a European guard
could bring that made him worth two #2 picks.  And, on paper, with no
mention of defense, he looks like he could back up at #1 and #2.  Not
bad, and at 6'6".

So, I'll wait and see.  I'd rather go down trying with an athletic
big man than add yet another shooter.

Pitino isn't crazy.  And I think we're fortunate to have him, with
all his mistakes.  He's what most of us would be if we were Italian
basketball junkies.  Relax.  With a few free agents, we're going to be
just fine.

Gene  (a conundrum is a riddle the answer to which includes a pun; I
don't have the answer)