Draft thoughts

I'm no guru, and I don't really follow the college game enough to speak
knowledgeably about the players in the draft, so I have to rely on what I
read.  That said, here are my thoughts on some of the players that might be
available when the C's pick:

Jerome Moiso - If Moiso is available, I hope they pass on him.  Almost
every report I've read on him mentions that he is drifty.  Sometimes he's
in the game, sometimes he's not.  Does not seem to have the fire or focus
necessary to be a consistent, productive player.  No fire, no focus...
Reminds me of Out of Service Pervis.  No thanks.

Quentin Richardson - I really like what I've read about Quentin.  A couple
of sources mention that he has a real nose for the ball.  He put up decent
numbers at DePaul, both in scoring and rebounding.  His rebounding stats
are particularly noteworthy given his 6'6" (or 6'4") height.  I would be
happy if we picked him.  I would be even happier if we could trade down and
still get him.

Keyon Dooling - I don't know what to think about Keyon.  He might be just
the ticket or he could be a Chauncey Billups clone.  On the plus side, he's
reported to be quick and of good character.  Also shown up well at
workouts.  I think I could be happy with Keyon.

Tsakalidis - Did I read somewhere on this list that he averaged 10 pts and
6 boards last year playing in Greece?  Not very impressive.  Couple that
with his contract situation and why would anyone drafting higher than the
20th pick want him?  If we had a second round pick and he was still
available, okay.  Take him with the 11th pick?  Nyet!

Courtney Alexander - Every report I've read says he's very talented, but
they also question his character.  I place a great deal of importance on
character, so I would look very closely at Mr. Alexander before commiting
to him.  The old saying about smoke and fire keeps coming to my mind when I
think him, though.  If we take him, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope
for the best.

Desmond Mason - Competitive attitude and athleticism; a good combination.
His stock has gone up according to ESPN, but I haven't seen his name
mentioned on this list.  Anyone have anything to say about Desmond?

Oh well, tonight's the big night.  Hopefully we will end up with a player
or players that will improve our team.