Golden State and the rest of it

I should just stop reading, listening and all that until tomorrow night. So
much of this stuff is just insane. Now we're supposedly offering No. 11 and
Calbert for Othella Harrington? Didn't we turn that down last week? I think
even Pitino is patient enough to realize that there's a reason Vancouver is
still looking for a PF.

Now, the Golden State thing. Believe it or not, I can see this happening.
Let's assume for a second that there is no real slider at 11. Let's say our
choice would be Moiso, Crawford, Dooling... something like that. Now, are
Crawford or Dooling anymore of a sure thing as a big point guard than
Vonteego Cummings? I certainly don't think so. I'd call that a wash. Now,
I've been resigned to losing Fortson for nothing for months, so if we
somehow could convince he and some witless GM to do a sign-and-trade for
usable warm bodies, I say great. Now, are Adonal Foyle and Donyell Marshall
usable? Probably debatable. Foyle gives you another "potential"
shot-blocker, like Battie. Marshall would be an improvement on the bench
over, well... over everyone we have on our pathetic excuse for a bench. The
Celts also would have to include some cap-killers to make it work, I'd
assume, so there's the addition by subtraction factor.

Now, having said all that, I'd still be awfully ho-hum about this trade. Not
because I believe we'll find the next big thing with the 11th pick-I really
don't-but I do think, as Paul M. said, it has more value packaged with
Pierce, or even Vitaly, than you're getting in this deal. Would Atlanta do
Vitaly and 11 for No. 6? Would the Clippers do Pierce and 11 for 3 and Mo
Taylor or Derek Anderson? I bet they would.

I'm just tired of thinking small. Would any of the players involved in this
trade even make the Portland roster?

Sigh... I'm hoping Pitino has something up his sleeve. Hoping...

Mark