Re: Just An Opinion

I agree with Jimbo and you can't always put too much weight on the historical
precedent, even though there are some compelling generalizations people make (eg
Syracuse, Duke and Indiana megastars always tend to disappoint in the NBA). If
that were your hard rule, you'd miss out on Grant Hill or Isiah Thomas and who
knows what else down the road.

Now in the case of Ilgauskus, this guy was drafted number 20 overall by the
Cavs, even though there were no injury concerns that I knew of at the time of
the draft. And Portland also got a very valuable trade commodity (if so far
nothing else) in Jermaine O'Neill at number 17 that year.

That was admittedly a great and deep draft.

Joe