RE: Just An Opinion

>From: OzerskyJA <OzerskyJA@cmog.org>
>
>OK, OK, gimme the needle!  I deserve it.
>As long as we don't draft the guy.  I can never
>figure why people get so high on these big centers.
>They almost never pan out.  What does this guy do
>that Dwayne Shinztius didn't?  Shitnzius was big, could
>pass and shoot, and could block shots without leaving
>his feet.

Josh,

All anyone's saying is that he's got Shaq banging size and, if he's got a
little footspeed and a general idea of how to play basketball, he's easily
worth the #11 pick and a year of waiting.  Does he have those qualities?  I
don't know, that's what scouts are for.  But I don't think you can assume he
doesn't, because if you're wrong you could be passing up the best center
available to you in the next 10 years.  Chances are, you're right.  Guys
that size, with talent, are pretty rare, and this one seems to have come out
of nowhere.  But, if you miss a chance to pick up an Ilgauskas quality
center with the #11 pick, you'll be kicking yourself for years.  Just be
thorough on the scouting, and don't let a one year contract affect the
decision.

Jim