RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V7 #230

Not too long ago, the Los Angeles Times had an article that stated what I have believed for a long time.  The article had a list of players from U.C.L.A. that have been drafted since Reggie Miller.  The article shows, to no surprise of mine, that everybody from the Bruin Program since Reggie has either been dropped during or at the end of their 3-year rookie contracts.  Any player that hasn't gone Yinka Dare hasn't had any impact anyway.  This includes a few from the Bruin championship team of not too long ago (the O'Bannon Brothers and Tyus Edney).  I don't believe that Jerome Moiso will be exceptional.  Although Jelani McCoy has been decent in Seattle, I'd rather go with someone that competes in a tougher conference than the Pac-10.  This conference doesn't impress me. I think it would be best if the C's went with someone besides Moiso, like Courtney Alexander or Jamal Crawford.  To the dismay of a very persistant Coach Brevin, our own Paul Pierce ditched Los Angeles for Kansas, for some reason or another.  I also think that the C's should solve the problem at the 5 some other way, then by draft.  To the person that appreciates the existance of Leprechaun fans in Los Angeles, thank you.
iWon.com       http://www.iwon.com     why wouldn't you?