Re: NBA Blah, Tsak Big, Fizer Legit, Moiso Tall

In a message dated 06/18/2000 5:49:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wayray@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< >
 > I think the Croshere is a dream. The guy is going to be able to demand high
 > dollars. The Celts will never be able to fit him. If you do, will you bring
 > him off the bench?

 No, he starts. So, he can demand high dollars. More power to him, and
 with
 Indiana's cap flexibility, they can easily do a sign and trade with the
 C's or any other team.

 Who will he replace in the starting lineup? I also think
 > Fortson will not be coming back. He will be gone in a sign-and-trade or on
 > somebody's exception.

 Perhaps even in some sort of package for Croshere.

  Moiso is the value pick, regardless of what your needs
 > are since you can't teach height. Seven footers are hard to come by and are
 > usually a sought after commodity, especially at a reasonable salary....

 They're not taking him. If they want a seven footer, slide down five to
 ten
 picks in the draft and take Ernest Brown. He's a seven footer too, with
 lots of similar upside and the same lack of focus as Moiso.

 Repeat after me: One Tony Battie is enough.
 Ray >>

"What you are not getting, Ray, is that Indiana has to want to trade Croshere
to us. It isn't just enough that Croshere wouldn't mind playing here.
Therefore, what would it take? The 11 pick and Fortson? Maybe. But ususally
it doesn't matter what team the player wants to play for, unless they are a
superstar. The player is limited by what teams can work it out trade and
salary-wise. But assuming that the Pacers do want to get rid of him (now that
is highly unlikely), and we get him. Again I ask, what position will you have
him play, power forward or small forward? Who sits then, Walker or Pierce?
Don't get me wrong, I really like Croshere. But he doesn't fit our needs as a
shotblocking rebounder. If Walker is going to play small forward, you better
have someone who can rebound and hold out people like PJ Brown. So, in a
nutshell,  there are too many things to go wrong for this to actually go
down...Now back to Moiso. The Celts may take Crawford if he is that good as
he does fill a need. But you don't trade down to fill a need (your suggestion
to trade down to take Ernest "Saves Xmas" Brown. (I believe I have read that
he as slipped out of the first round anyways.) When you are in the position
the Celts are in, you either draft where you are for need or you take the
best player available. There is a reason why Moiso is pegged in the position
he is in (11-13) and Ernest "Saves Xmas" Brown is slated down, down the slate
--> Moiso is either better now or has more upside, at least the way people
like Monter have them evaluated now. It is pretty simple. If he is another
Battie, then trade him after you select him but you should get full value for
him....

DJessen33