Re: Attention GM wannabes

"Berry, Mark S" wrote:

> You may be right Joe. It's not that I'm dying to dump Pierce, it's just that
> this team needs a dramatic move to make any kind of real improvement. The
> problems of interior defense and point guard play aren't going to go away
> with experience or the 11th pick in the draft.
>
> The misconception that most Celtic fans have is that we narrowly missed the
> playoffs and with a little improvement, we'll be in next year. I don't buy
> it. We missed by, I believe, seven games. No one ahead of us seems poised to
> fall apart anytime soon.

    My personal "misconception" as a Celtics fan is that we missed the playoffs
because of Pitino's "headless chicken outbreak" defense and an offensive
playbook that makes the Indiana Pacers' version (with no exaggeration) look
ultra-sophisticated.

    IMO, the Celtics try hard and have talent but  the system keep letting the
players down. Even as the Celtics core talent-base and their experience playing
together seems to improve from season to season, the team's record continues to
regress.