Re: Attention GM wannabes

"So then Pierce is the guy to trade."

I certainly think so Paul, and if the Celts do take a guy like Crawford, or
even a swingman like Courtney Alexander or DerMarr Johnson, you'd have to
think they'd have something in mind to address the woeful deficiencies in
the frontcourt.

The difficulties with base year compensation have been well documented
lately, but you can deal Pierce without any complications. How many doors
does that open? You can package him with dead weight (Eric Williams, Calbert
Cheaney, anyone else on the Celtic bench...) to take on a salary that
exceeds Pierce's. You don't have to worry about only taking back 50 percent
of his salary, yada, yada, yada.... With Pierce, it's simple.

And his value has to be huge. Wouldn't the Clippers love to bring him home?
Isn't he a perfect fit in Philly? Toronto is going to need a replacement for
T-Mac. Portland could use a replacement for aging Pippen and S. Smith.
Denver needs a small forward. The guy could bring a ton in return.

I'm with you on this. I just hope Pitino is thinking the same thing.

Mark