Re: nbatalk: Celtics hot for Crawford

You had to wonder about Crawford when his name started shooting up the draft
board after Chicago. He's a 6-5 point guard with exceptional ball-handling
skills and long arms-probably a good defender eventually. I think it's
obvious to all of us that our two greatest needs are in the power positions
(C/PF) and at point guard. If it became clear that no big-time talent was
going to be available at 11, it only makes sense to start looking at PGs. I
don't see Cleaves or Barkley as real attractive options to Pitino because
they lack the size he likes at the position.

Hopefully, they'll take the best player available, or the player who
eventually will be the best, at 11. Crawford may be that guy, who knows?
He'd probably back up Kenny next year with the goal being a starting role
the following season. The one downside I see with him is he's a Michigan
guy. :-) I didn't get to see him play this year, so I really can't say much
about him.

Anyway, he sounds like a legitimate option with that pick, regardless of
whether or not you believe the blurb at NBATalk (I tend to be
suspicious-when has the Pitino regime ever leaked that kind of
information?). Another interesting option.

Mark