RE: O'neal

We finally here from the better half.

Well speaking as a better half and one that doesn't speak up much (it's me Ann, Greg's wife), clearly those who covet Jermaine so much, clearly only see him once or twice a year or in some glossed over highlight tape. If any one clear evaluator of talent in this league wants to give up much to get him, then it is a true sign of the true depth to a lack of talent this league has sunk.  The only thing Jermaine appears to do well is dunk. Is a moderate fan favorite here in PDX, because the average bonehead fan takes a mighty liking to the immediate glitz a dunk can have. Portland fans are more fickle than average and a "cute" (as Claudia wants to put it, turns my stomach to even care in that regard) young high school dropout wannabe who can be a small spark in his 5 minutes a game, gets the cheerleaders jumping, the music pumping and that's about it.  Good father, hardly, except where the courts require it; might fit in well in Boston after all.

One play is the balance of his impact in the entire playoff run; sure more than any Celtic player had this year, but comparing him to Battie is a fair one to make. They are thin, with apparent lack of effort or interest at times, with very similar jumbo contracts given to them for no apparent good reason.  Chicago wants him because they have such little depth, they need something that might look good, is young and signed long enough to stay around and not leave making the Bulls look more Clipper like.

I could go into much greater detail, but with Jermaine what really is the point. He is a sub average player in the league, will always be at this rate, and can do very little to help the Celts considering the presence of V and the little chance of W moving to 3 for any long time period.

This sounds like Plan B, in very frustrating master plan, hey Paul?. Good luck!

Have a great week,
Ann