Re: May: Big O2 Coming To Boston; Fizer Dropping

if fizer dropped to 11, i'd be ecstatic.  he may be undersized, but he was
still one of the top players in college basketball last year.  we'd be
extremely lucky for something like this to happen.

and on the subject of top college players, he is a piece from nbatalk.com
about the nations leading scorer, courtney alexander.

***************************

The toughest questions of the day had to be answered by Fresno State's
Courtney Alexander.  Alexander, projected as the top shooting guard in the
draft, ran into trouble in college that eventually led him to jail.
Alexander assaulted his girlfriend and spent two nights in jail.  'It was a
difficult time, I had never been in trouble before.'  Alexander was clearly
comfortable talking about the incident and really gave the best interview of
the camp. When I asked him whether he thought it was fair that scouts were
comparing him to Isaiah Rider, both on and off the court, Alexander was quick
to shoot down the idea that he'd be a problem. 'People make mistakes.  But
good can come from them when you admit you made the mistake and then change
your life for the better. I was a kid then, but I've matured.  I've changed
as a player and a person. ' Alexander has worked out for the Cavs, Hawks and
the Celtics.  He said his Celtics workout was evidence that he'd changed.  'A
couple of years ago, I couldn't have played for Rick Pitino.  All I cared
about was getting my 20 points.  Now things are different.  Don't get me
wrong, I still want my 20 points, but now I'm a team player who works hard,
plays defense and does what's best for the team.'  Alexander works out for
the Magic on Monday and has workouts scheduled with the Clippers, Bulls, and
Nets.

i have heard many stories about how hard he works to improve, playing against
nba players during the summer and it seems he truly has turned around.  he is
one of the few players in the draft that could make an immediate impact on
the team.  who wouldn't want a player that could be like isiah rider on the
court and not off it?

- thndr