From: Way Of The Ray [mailto:wayray@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 6:26 PM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Chris Wallace Replaced By CM Newton?

Heard that on WEEI, Wallace is supposedly-or-eventually leaving; Newton,
the former Athletic Director at Kentucky arriving, apparently as
a consultant at first, then out goes Wallace as Newton takes
over as the psuedo GM. Someone called WEEI and said, Wallace
had already lined up a job with one of the Texas teams. Who
knows?

But bringing in another college guy with no concept of how the
NBA works, isn't the brightest thing you can do. Especially with
the lack of pro people in the Pitino group.  Is there anyone in
Celtics management with prior NBA (in the 1990's) experience?
Pitino obviously needs a lot of familiar yes men around him to feel
comfortable apparently....
Ray