RE: How about this?

Well, I'm by no means an expert on the guy.  I've watched Portland play when
they were on TNT this year and throughout the playoffs.  And I must say it
wasn't just the Lakers series that underwhelmed me.  He really looked kind
of lost throught the playoffs.  A lack of playing time and injuries are
probably partly responsible, but like Paul M, I'm afraid his "outburst" on
offense last year was a fluke. Only more so.  This guy is at best a 10 and
10 guy.  I don't feel comfortable trading someone with Pierce's ability to
get you 30+ any given night, and defend (second in the league in steals),
for that.  Yeah Bonzi had a couple of decent games in the playoffs, but we
are still talking about a second year player who averages 8 points a game.

Now trading Antione for these two?  I might be talked into that.  Because
Antione as a small forward doesn't thrill me.  He doesn't need to be further
away from the basket, it only encourages him to toss up more threes.  But a
bull on the boards who can defend, at power forward and Pierce providing
offense at the three, that I could live with.  Then we could groom Bonzi by
having him backup Pierce and Griffen, at 2 and 3.

Of course the salary cap would kill all of this.

Adam Litchy