Re: TSN celtics report

I don't know Ray, is Moiso any more of a gamble than Kenyon Martin, a 6-7
power forward coming off a serious injury? Or Chris Mihm, a 7-footer who can
move and shoot, but who reminds me more of Kevin Willis than Tim Duncan?
Marcus Fizer could be Gary Trent. Mike Miller could be Billy Owens. And how
do we know these high schoolers will ever dedicate themselves enough to pan
out?

No, the more I look at this draft, the more convinced I become that the
Celts are fine where they are. I know I wouldn't be shocked if Jerome Moiso
turned out better than Marcus Fizer or Chris Mihm. Or if Tsakalidis was
better than Mihm. Or if Dermar Johnson was better than Mike Miller. This
just seems like one of those years when having a high pick doesn't really
mean that much. I think it's a deep draft, but not especially strong at the
top.

Now, would I encourage the Celts to trade up if they could do it without
losing Walker or Pierce? Sure I would. And I'd definitely encourage them to
explore trades for veterans. But if the Celts come away with Moiso, a 6-11
leaper with a face-the-basket game and big upside, with the 11th pick, then
I think they've done pretty well.

By the way, I think the Bulls are in perfect position. If I were Jerry
Krause, I'd love to nab Przybilla with the fourth pick and
Miller/Johnson/Miles with the seventh. And yet he apparently has offered 4 &
7 to Jersey for No. 1 (with his eyes on Mihm). The Nets would be nuts not to
take that offer, if you ask me. Przybilla is just what they need, and they
could add a swingman with the later pick. You know, they could have had me
as Prez and GM for a fraction of what they gave Rod Thorn.

Mark