Re: good news from bskball

Well, I was never a big Jacque Vaughn fan when he played at Kansas, but I'm
willing to give the guy a chance. He actually could be a good low-risk
gamble for the $1.1 mill exception. After all, he sat behind Stockton and
Eisley for three years, so you'd think he learned something. And he may have
some talent that he hasn't been allowed to show simply because the two guys
ahead of him were too good and too experienced in that Utah system.

Coles or Brown are the safer bets simply because you know what you're
getting. But the Celtics are years away. A guy like Vaughn can be worth the
risk because you may find something you didn't even know you had. He is an
unselfish player who can push the ball, so... we'll see. Can he defend? Make
smart decisions?

You know, assuming Pitino can't hypnotize some weak-minded GM into taking
Kenny off his hands, doesn't Kenny seem like a perfect fit for the second
unit? Forget the ego questions for a minute and the "pressing unit" garbage.
That bench needs a scorer, and Kenny could be it. In fact, I could see a
Vaughn-Griffin-Pierce-Toine-Battie/Blount first unit, with Kenny, Cheaney,
Moiso and Vitaly rotating in off the bench.

My point is, with Pierce and Toine on the floor at the same time, you know
where the shots are coming from. Why keep Kenny and Vitaly out there when
their strengths (scoring) don't complement Pierce and Toine? Bring them off
the bench when there will be more shots for them.

Oh hell, I'm just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Please, someone
tell me there's more to it than Jacques Vaughn. Please... anyone?

Mark