Re: How can we make the trade work?

>From: "Jim Meninno" <jim_meninno@hotmail.com>
>
>Maybe the cash could come from the Denver end.  They are getting the best
>player involved, plus a first rounder out of the deal, after all.

Damn straight.  Even though the Nuggs are also giving up Keon Clark,
this three-way clearly benefits them most.  Derek Anderson is the
major talent in the deal, _and_ they get the first round pick.  Pony
up the dough, Issel.

In fact, Anderson is good enough to where I'm wondering (like a few
people on the List) why we aren't cutting out the middleman (Denver)
and just dealing with the Clipps for Anderson's services.  I suspect
it has mostly to do with the Clipps unique situation (read: the
Donald).  Usually the Clipps are looking for low-paying guaranteed
contracts, but they have a lot of players at the moment, though that
could change next month.  They're probably balking at taking on
Barros' large salary, though, if we paid part of it, as you suggest,
maybe that will swing.  The clipps don't want to take on on cap crap,
though, and that's pretty much all we've got.

LA likes picks, though, and we do have that one from Denver -- Derek
Anderson for the pick and cap trash?  I'm not sure LA goes for that,
either.  (I can't believe I just suggested a trade.  When with the
madness of July end?)

Regards,

Bill