No Subject

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/clips00725cci.shtml

Sources said that Denver point guard Chris Herren will be involved in a
three-way trade that will send him to the Boston Celtics. Trades cannot
be finalized until next week, but Herren has been put on alert that a
deal is likely coming.

"Dan Issel (Denver's general manager) told me there was a good
possibility I would be traded," Herren said. "He said I might be
involved in something, and would I mind going closer to home."

The deal being discussed would send Herren and swingman Tariq
Abdul-Wahad to Boston. The Celtics would send Dana Barros to the Los
Angeles Clippers and Denver would receive Clippers guard Derek Anderson.
The Clippers could also be in line to get center Keon Clark from Denver
and some draft picks, most likely from Boston.

Celtics coach Rick Pitino has openly discussed signing Abdul-Wahad, a
6-foot-6 forward who has played for three teams in his three years in
the NBA. Pitino was scheduled to meet with the free agent Monday in San
Jose to begin contract talks. The major roadblock to the deal would be
if either Abdul-Wahad or Anderson, also a free agent, can't come to
terms with their new teams. Anderson is said to be leaning toward
signing with the San Antonio Spurs.

Free agents cannot sign with new teams until Aug. 1, and no trade
involving free agents would be announced until that date. Knight-Ridder
Newspapers contributed to this report.