Is Wahad the flavor of the day?

This trade sounds like a typical Pitino trade. Is Wahad worth a no.1, a
probable lottery pick? If he is, why is Denver trading him away for D.
Anderson? I know we have to give up something but wasn't Cheaney the answer
last year? Griffen was a surprise but I guess he is washed up now too? It
seems Pitino gets desperate to get into the action and has to make a move.
Why not let the moves come to us? What is the difference between getting
Mercer at the mid-year exception and Wahad? Was Cheaney worth a no. 1 last
year? No. Same kind of deal. I know we probably wouldn't get either Mercer,
Wahad or Anderson for the exception. But that is pretty close to their value.
And you don't have to give up anything for them other than money. How well
thought out is this move? Is Wahad the answer or the flavor of the day? I
don't want to trade any no. 1s unless you really think these players make the
team take a step up. Otherwise, these no.1s really become valuable come draft
time....

DJessen33