Re: more summer ramblings

    Hi Bill Bird. This was an interesting post. The analogy you make
between the first-year Pitino club and the Walker/Moiso/Pierce lineup is
intriguing, since that 36-win team was at times very effective on defense
(even if the overall defensive FG% allowed wasn't that great) but our new
2-3-4 will be far better offensively in terms of scoring, passing, a bit
of rebounding and also experience.

    I can now picture Moiso in the 2001 starting lineup and putting up
Walter-esque first-year numbers but hiopefully with a better FG% and
equally active defense. I think anything better than that right away from
Moiso would be a bonus, since -- bottom line -- he was overshadowed by
the Jeff Foster's, Michael Redd's and Shammond Williams' of the world at
the Shaw league. As hopeful as I am of Moiso's play so far, I can picture
Andrew DeClerq putting up 35 points and 17 boards a night at this level
of competition. A couple of teams have only one guy (in our case Haywoode
Workman) with an NBA resume.

    JaRon Rush has been a major disappointment, obviously. Poor kid, he
could have starred on a Final Four quality team next season and gotten
lots of national exposure. Only fools rush in...

    BTW, I noticed that CBA MVP Silas Mills moved into the Shaw starting
lineup and is making a bit of noise. How many games are left......if any?
That all sure went by fast!

Joe

------