NBA Recruiting

After reading an article about Grant Hill going to Orlando while I was in
the store about an hour ago, it seems to me that it's not about signing free
agents, but rather recruiting them.  That's what Orlando did with Hill and
that's what most other NBA teams are doing now too by making videos,
jerseys, magazines and so on.

Now recruiting of this sort is kind of like college recruiting, which Pitino
is hopefully good at, due to his recruitment of the players that turned out
to be the NCAA champs.

Although Boston may not be the top choice of free agents due to the weather
and their previous records the last few years, Pitino may be an excellent
recruiter and that could help if it comes down to many teams offering the
exception.  Maybe that is a trait of his that we would be fond of, since
many of us think that Pitino's antics like pressing and his style of play
will work in the NBA.

Maybe his recruitment style will.  Just a nice friendly game of golf with
Bimbo Coles could have done the trick.  Hopefully Rick is an expert
recruiter and will be able to either get Abdul-Wahad or get Mercer back.

This may be wishful thinking, but I really hope it's true.

Josh