It's always the money!

"This older guy seems to recall that the Duck went to
the ABA for money and then hurt a knee while Westphal
was mysteriously traded for Charley Scott, who was not
exactly a prototype Celtic-- although he did well for
us." -- I hope Duck had a good time that year because
he missed out on the 76 title.

"We assumed at the time that Westphal wanted the ball
too much and drove to the hoop so often that he did
not get back on D.  I don't remember either the media
or the Celtics explaining the deal properly but a
championship quickly followed and it never became a
public issue." -- Too bad, Paul was a scorer and he
played into the early 80s, while Charlie Scott only
lasted a few seasons here. Paul and Dj sharing the
same 3 teams (C's, Suns and Sonics). Thanks for
sharing, Buddy! that is what makes this list great

"I'd be kinda stunned if GS is offering Donyell
Marshall for Danny Fortson. The 27-year-old 6th year
pro averaged his first double-double (14.2 ppg 10.0
rebounds) last year with an impressive 3.0 offensive
boards and 2.6 assists to boot. The career FG% (.405)
for a 6-9 player and the propensity to jack up
three-pointers would make Marshall a perfect fit in
Boston." -- I read in last weekend's Herald that
Donyell is now happy with GS because he was impresses
with Dave Cowens. Yet another reason why we should
hang onto our legends