Nothing Important

"The worst part of any coaching death knell are the
flailing, desperado maneuvers just as the curtain
drops. Spintino apparently has the owner's green light
and millions of dollars in guaranteed benefit of the
doubt from "Thanks Dad" Gaston to aggressively dump
expensive base-year  talent for some instantly
fan-friendly types like Croshere. Even if it might
just be thoroughly counterproductive to the success"
-- You would think they would have learned their
lesson X-man, 'Nique, Barros, etc about trying to fill
the seats and please the fans then get the best
players available. Speaking of which, I was at Shaw's
last night and was thinking that all these players
Wallace is watching (in between hot dogs) hoping to
find a diamond in the rough and yet he knows of
someone (Mercer) who already knows the system
(whichever one it might be this season), the coach and
can be depended upon to produce 12-15 ppg. Let's not
forget the small money. Seems like a lock to me

"Losing Fortson doesn't bother me so much because the
interior defense was pretty hopeless with him here."
-- Agreed, but now who is going to rebound. I still
like Forty but would die if he was signed for $42 mil.
Capologists, please explain. If even he was
signed-and-traded, then we still have to take all (or
most) of that figure back. Doesn't that cripple us
more? We'd probably have to take another stiff too.
Isn't it better to just let him walk? Forget about
saving face at this point. Hey, if we get Mercer back
for an exception, it's all  a wash pretty much (EW
will just earn the difference to what Mercer WOULD
have signed for last year).

I don't know how much Blount weighs, but he is
muscular. He made the top page of the herald (which
they were handing out). Saw the Duck...the only guy to
play with Russ and Larry (trivial pursuit)