Tommy's comments last night

Heinson was interviewed during the game last night.  He was the usual
hyper-optimistic Tommy, stating that "while other teams were shooting for
being contenders now, the C's were building with youth.

He said we would have a breakout year, and he used a phrase like "the C's
will be near to top echelon of teams"

He would make no prediction on when a title was coming.

The memory of Len Bias and Reggie is still alive.  The announcers ( whom I
think probably were fans who won some lottery to call the game) did make a
good point in saying that Bias (maybe, how old would he be?) and certainly
Reggie would be the veteran presence the C's seem to need.

Of course, they also talked about how Battie came on strong at the end of
the season last year.  I don't remember it that way...
J. Mark Estepp
Chair, Department of Technology
Appalachian State University
esteppjm@appstate.edu