Re: Danny, Mercer, NJ, Magic

> Magic's interest in Fortson, may not be in keeping him, but rather to sign
> and trade Mercer for Fortson, to turn around and deal Fortson to the Knicks.
> Its not clear exactly who the Magic want from New York, I have heard 2 viable
> names mentioned- Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas.........

This is impossible due to the NBA's CBA laws which restrict a team from trading a
player who was acquired either by free agent signing or by trade to being traded
to another team within a certain time frame. If the Fort deal goes through on
early August though, I believe that the earliest Fortson could be traded again
would be just prior to the All-Star break. IIRC, Orlando and Denver had the Ron
Mercer - Tariq Abdul-Wahad  trade completed several weeks in advance of the actual
deal being consumated by the league due to this rule.