Re: Holley Lama: Mercer Could Be Back

Pierce is a much more complete player than Ron Mercer will ever be. Two guards with no outside shot are a dime a dozen. This along with his 'Team Cancer" tag is why he won't get anywhere near what he was looking for. I am not sure bringing him back would be good for team chemistry.

----- Original Message -----
From: Shailendra Mishra
To: Josh Farber ; Way Of The Ray ; Josh Ozersky
Cc: celtics@igtc.com
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2000 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: Holley Lama: Mercer Could Be Back

I would love to have Mercer back, Pierce can't play the 2-guard and all others who tried to play the position sucked big time. All Mercer needs to do is improve his defense, play the way he played in his rookie year, he would be a force. Your starting lineup looks good with the exception of Kenny Anderson, we just need to ship him out. - Mishra

  Josh Farber <nbaj2k@home.com> wrote:

Seriously, would anyone mind seeing Mercer back?

Especially, if we could have him come off the bench?
I think if we could sign him with our $2.25 million dolar exception, I'd
love to have him back.

If we traded to get him back, or signed him to a big contract no.

Well, if Duncan doesn't go to Orlando, Mercer probably would stay wouldn't
he? Of course that's if McGrady doesn't come too.

If so, we'd probably have to hope for Duncan to sign (that sucks) or Hope
the Magic just sign McGrady and Mercer wants to leave.

What does everyone think? I know everyone has talked about Mercer being a
ball hog, but how about maybe coming off the bench?

If he gets back how he was before, we could shift Pierce backt o SF and have
a starting lineup of this. If we could convince him to pass of course.

PG Anderson
SG Mercer
SF Pierce
PF Walker
C Potapenko

Much like before, but now with Potapenko.

Josh F