deja vu?

Sounds as if the Celtics front office fog factory is starting to gear up
again. What is interesting is not whether this info is true, it's that the
"word" is being leaked NOW.

snip >> Danny Fortson is understandably concerned about reports the Celtics
have
                  talked about him in a trade. But some of the impetus for
those talks may be
                  coming from his own camp.

                  Word yesterday is that Fortson's new agent is asking for
such a high number
                  from the Celts that he's leaving them no choice but to
explore alternatives.

                  Pitino has talked often about the Celtics living under a
budget, which was the
                  cause of the Ron Mercer trade that brought Fortson to
Boston.<<

http://www.bostonherald.com/bostonherald/sport/cnots01292000.htm

BTW, I am far from eager to trade Fortson. Count me as one of those who
believes he should be allowed to show us what he can do. Now Waltah on the
other hand. . .