Re: comparing M.L. with Pitino??

Maurice,

I think you are right on in your assessment of ML. Don't you remember what
Paul Gaston said when he made ML coach? He said, "let's let ML coach, that
should be fun to watch. Everyone knows our team stinks."  You go from that
to investing millions into your coach/gm. Pitino has a professional
coaching background that comes with a philosophy and system. ML once said
to me about Walker, "Pitino should just leave him alone. When I coached
him, he was fine."

There is a WORLD of difference between these two men. And, I get the
distinct impression that they don't get along. ML's office is not in the
Celtics headquarters anymore....hmmmm.

Theresa