Re: More about Fortson Rumor

I 'd prefer Wallace or Outlaw to Strong. (not like we are going to get
either) Unless he has a short contract and we get a good draft pick.

----- Original Message -----
From: Josh Farber <joshfarber@home.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2000 2:30 PM
Subject: More about Fortson Rumor

> Sorry if someone already posted this.
>
> What do you think about this?
>
> Could Gatling or Strong really help?  I know a draft pick would
> (especially if it was top 5).
>
> Is there supposed to be a strong draft this year by the way?
>
> What would you think about Fortson being traded?  Do you think we should
> give him a lot more time?
>
> From Bskball.com

the Boston Celtics had more going on than showers, sources near the Magic
say that Boston did have in-depth conversations with John Gabriel about
making a deal, its been said the Celtics had interest in Derek Strong, the
most shopped player on the Magic bench. Boston had interest in sending out
Pervis Ellison, but it appears that Pitino is looking to maybe move more
than that, they way I hear it is Rick said he would deal Danny Fortson for
Derek Strong and a solid draft pick from Orlando. There is growing concern
that Fortson is not the player Rick had hoped for, and that early
indications are it will take a sizable amount of money to re-sign him,
something Boston may not want to do. A Celtics source says that the C's will
want more than Strong for Fortson, and may require a much larger deal as far
as multiple players. The Magic publicly would not comment on the rumors (no
one does), but privately said th!
> at Fortson is one of many players they are in talks about acquiring, and
that John Gabriel is not only looking for the best player to clear caproom,
he is also looking for players that may have roles beyond this year, and
players that could fetch a nice return in a sign and trade, if the acquired
player has Larry Bird rights.<<<