Re: Please, NO!

>Another bit from http://www.bskball.com/
>
>It's one thing to trade Fortson, it's another to aid the Lakers in their
>quest for a title. Even McHale wouldn't stoop this low. . . but again, it's
>just a rumor, no one should be hung out to dry when nothing has happened
>just yet. . .

I bet that if you asked McHale about that trade now he'd take Campbell and
Jones for Googs. I was never that high on Googs, but Fortson and Shaq up
front? If Danny could stay out of foul trouble....not bad. Fortson for D.
Strong? I never want to hear Derek Strong's name again.

I got the following of the C's Newsgroup. I'd love to be that group's
pharmacist. Did anybody else hear this:

>Heard Jackie M on weei this morning.
>
>She said a couple GMs told her the Cs are shopping Antoine.
>She said there are only three teams that can afford AW right now.
>
>1) Indiana - Bird loves him and Jalen Rose and another player may be a match
>but Bird loves Jalen Rose too.
>
>2) Chicago is way under the cap but won't trade brand or Kukoc so that does not
>look like it's gonna happen
>
>3) Clippers Maurice taylor and another player

Now that Antoine's playing well it's time to ship him out of town? I
actually believe Pitino's going to patient with Walker and that he really
does believe that Antoine at 26 or 27 is going to be pretty impressive. And
anyway, he's really playing much better now. I don't think anyone can blame
these last two losses on him. My God, this team's bench sucks! Anyway, if
he does get traded, the Clips with Odom and Walker to build around? An
interesting frontcourt tandem, but they'd still probably suck. I'd love to
see Antoine go to Indiana and play for Bird. And how about a
multi-team/multi-player trade with him, in the end, joining Shaq and Kobe?

Paul M.