Re: Heat play-by-play guy

"Berry, Mark S" wrote:

> (You know, considering that was Issel's assessment of Battie, and that he
> also concluded Fortson would be hampered by the new rules, that LaFrentz
> wouldn't be another BWS and that Van Exel would mature into an effective PG,
> I'm beginning to think Mr. Issel just might be a pretty good judge of NBA
> talent.)
>
> Hoping for  a win tonight,
>
> Mark

Hi Mark, nice post overall. I just wanted to interject that the Nougats have
only 18 wins and are five games out of the playoff race at the season's
midpoint. But the more important point of comparison is that they haven't had
any real injuries this season other than Billups (who sports a forgettable
.337FG%).

As for the Celts, start with the fact that Paul Pierce has basically missed ten
games (included the two games he left after 11 or fewer minutes). If you assume
our 1-9 record in those games would be closer to 5-5 had he played, then the
Celts would be 23-18 (good for second place in the Central among other things).
Then you can add that the Celts have had injury DNPs from Griffin (9 games and
counting), Fortson (25 games), Potapenko (3 games), Eric Williams (5 games and
counting), Cheaney and McCarty (8 games) as well as Barros (4 games).

This season is kind of a testament to Kenny Anderson's guts. He hasn't missed a
single game despite the hamstring injury. Antoine too, but he's known to be
pretty durable.