Re: Pierce and Walker in the All Star picture

Elgin W Booth wrote:

> Pierce and Walker really do not deserve to be all-stars. Pierce I would
> say maybe but he has missed too many games and nagging injuries to the
> ankle have kept him from really breaking out.
>
> Antoine hasn't played well until the past 5 or 6 games so he doesn't
> deserve it. Once these guys play consistent and can avoid injuries, they
> will be true all-stars. Kenny could also be a potential all-star. You got
> to give it to the more deserving players.
>
> IMO I agree you gotta have Darrell Armstrong and Sam Cassell on the East
> Team. Armstrong is a little dynamo, one the the guys most valuable to his
> team in all of the NBA. Pitino would worship him if he were a
> Celtic. Cassell has also beens super for the Bucks.

Darrell Armstrong really IS the Orlando team and in this sense he deserves to
be rewarded at least this one time in his career. I love the ex-CBA players
and would root for Armstrong to make it over say Jerry Stackhouse (who is the
Michael Finley of the East in terms of not getting any respect or hype so
far). Sam Cassell also really deserves to be selected, and he probably will
be if Van Horn is picked over Marbury to represent the Nets.

If Reggie Miller gets selected (Indy has the best record in the East but no
clear All Star candidates), then you can scratch all but one of the names
listed above along with Paul Pierce and Tim Hardaway. Pierce (and Stackhouse)
will finally make it one of these years but there really is good quality
depth at the position with a lot of marquee guys ahead of them who will
probably be around for another ten years. Pierce will probably need to do
what Antoine did two years ago and score 49 points on his nearest rival.

****