Charlotte

Well, I just got back from Charlotte.  It was a long trip as it snowed a
lot for this area and traffic was at a standstill.  And the game sucked,
but I was just glad I got to see the  Celtics.  There was hardly anyone
there.  In fact, there were about as many Celtic fans as Hornet fans in
the area where I was sitting.  And talk about devotion, there was a
couple that I spoke to and it turned out they had traveled from St.
Louis to take in the game!  Now that is a fan.

Paul Pierce hurt his hamstring going after a loose ball.  One time that
hustle did not pay off.  The officiating sucked big time.  There was at
least one bogus "hard foul" call on us and they let the Hornets flatten
the men in green, literally.  Toine got a T for jawing the refs.  And
while Kenny played a decent enough game, he missed at least three layups
early in the game that set a bad tone.

We simply have no answer for Derrick Coleman down low, espcially with
that officiating crew.

Because the crowd was so small, we moved down and sat close to the
Celtic bench.  Had a great view of Ellison's dread locks.

And the bottom line, we can not play games back to back.

It's late and I am tired.  If I think of anything to add, I will
tomorrow.

Oh yeah, Chief was there and he and Maxwell spoke at half time.  I went
by after the game and spoke to Cedric for a moment.  He still gets
autograph requests in Charlotte.  Cool.

They are very close to being a better team than Charoltte.

And unless Ellis gets better in a hurry, Charlotte made a big mistake
trading for him.

And one more thing, Fortson showed some real promise down low tonight.
He battles hard down there.  His "foul" trouble is the result of no
respect.  If they made the same calles against Coleman and Mason, those
two would foul out quicker than Fort.  He should get some breaks there.
He clearly is not in playing shape yet as he looked winded several
times.  But, he rocks the house down low and doesn't back down.  In
another month, he will be tough to shut down.

--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net