Last Night

Hi all,

I can't wait to get back to my computer to see what has been written lately.
  I hope some of you have been pleased by the play of this team lately.
There is still much room for improvement, but they have certainly been
playing with more heart and courage over the past few games.  They still
have their lapses (like last night at the line) but overall they are gittin
it done.

I have been in our nation's capital (Ottawa) over the past few days and was
pleasantly surprised to find that the game against the Raptors was
televised.  Naturally, I informed my colleagues that I would be unable to
accompany them downtown because I had some work to get done.  HAH!

I thought I'd let you in on some of the remarks made in the Toronto Star
afterwards.  They stated that Toine had a miserable game from the floor,
which I thought was just plain unfair.  I thought a few of his shots were
questionable, and I didn't care to see him blocked and stripped like he was
a couple times, but if VP had hung on to a couple of his passes, he woulda
had a triple double.  His rebounding was solid and I think he is starting to
buy into the fact that he can make this entire team better by looking for
the open man.

They raved about Carter and his dunks but neglected to mention that he shot
8/22 compared to Toine's dismal 9/19 from the floor.

It is not only the Boston beat writers who tell stories.

Anyway, I return home tomorrow morning.  Hope y'all don't disappoint me and
let's keep it goin vs the Glove.

Cecil

P.S. Nice game Calbert!