Dee-Fense!

The Celtics stepped up the defensive effort noticeably in the last two
games and won! Walker was interviewed after the game and talked about how
they had a meeting after the Bucks game and decided to step up the defense
and they did. He also said that in the huddle during timeouts, all that is
talked about is defense. He certainly stepped up his defensive effort.
Believe it or not, Kenny is also much better defensively (even during the
recent slide). Pierce is the one who looks lazy and tends to drift if he's
not touching the ball. Crazy though, because when he decides to step it up,
he can and does on both ends (he had several steals in the last two games).
I hope it's a function of maturity and not his personality (the drifting).

Forston is giving quality minutes even if he can't give quantity. I can't
wait for him to get in shape. I think RP started Walter for his energy,
height and defense, not his prolific three-point shooting. He was often the
one hustling (steals, knock aways) and keeps his guy honest and probably
tired on defense (Walter likes to sprint). Interesting that Overton got in
the game ahead of Dana (I like that move)...build Doug's game confidence
and he's a better defender.

Antoine really impressed me. He FOUGHT for the wins and carried the team.
Even after the Washington game he said: "I was able to carry us early and
then Paul stepped up in the fourth. It doesn't matter who gets what stats
as long as we win." Let's hope that he is really getting it. That doesn't
mean that they won't lose, won't have off nights. I'm looking for
consistency and more help from the second unit.

Feeling better and so is my stomach! In the 9th spot chasing the Hornets.

Theresa