Re: Toronto etc.

Tommy Heinson made the point that Juwon Howard has been a huge
disappointment to the Wizards (only averaging 14 points until yesterday's
breakout performance).  He opined that it was a result of being moved to
SF where his quickness edge is neutralized.  I think a similar case can be
made for Antoine.  His natural position is the 4, and his offense and
defense will suffer at the three.  Fortson is an easy guy to like and a
tough competitor, but he will generally have to find his minutes backing
up VP and Antoine until he has proven he can handle more and stay out of
foul trouble.  the odd man out may be Tony Battie.

****dave

> I'm very much in favor of letting Walker go get "abused" at small
> forward. I say make the other team adjust to our mismatches for once.
> Some of the best Celtics teams from the 80s had very grave defensive
> matchup problems at small forward, if you wish to dwell on it. When a
> team is forced to make McHale a perimeter defender because Bird couldn't
> cut it, that to me is a serious issue. McHale was a great overall
> defender but please don't reply to this post by overrating his ability
> to stop wing forwards. In one of our last 60 win type seasons, the most
> non-descript small forwards (say Johnnie Newman) were literally lighting
> it up one night after another against us.

	  Dave Wickerham
	  aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu
	  Saratoga Springs, NY