Re: This guy sure doesn't think Vitaly fits

Personally, I don't think there is much point in posting the opinions
of random onhoops.com contributors, unless they are on this list too
and willing to defend their opinions like the rest of us do. How does
this guy know that Potapenko is not a "tradeable commodity" anyway?
Philly, for instance, was interested in Potapenko when Cleveland was
shopping him.

And for everyone, like this guy, who blasts Pitino for not getting a
"true center" who can defend the premiere centers in the league: it's
not like there's a surplus of these guys in the league or something.
And teams that have them aren't dying to given them away for Andrew
DeClercq or something. We don't have someone who can shut down Shaq,
but face it, not many teams do. If we didn't make the trade, would we
be better off at the center position? It's easy to criticize someone
when you don't have to provide a reasonable alternative.

Alex

> Here's part of an article at onhoops.com
> It's an article about the top 5 bonehead plays (or moves I guess)

> Okay it was another of 1998 decisions but Oh my Gosh. I am a Celtics
> man, and I like what Pitino is doing in general but I don't see what he
> gives them but a hit man. He is not a proven post man (which is why they
> say they traded for him) but most importantly: HE IS NOT A CENTER.
[cut]