Re: Veterans

>Although the Lakers picked up three veterans (none younger than 35) over
>the summer, the more striking thing about them is how few noticeable
>changes they've actually made after all the talk of blowing up the team
>(Getting Pippen or trading Rice etc.)
>
>They basically have the same personnel.
>
>Different coach, though. ;-)

Funny how that works. I have to make this fast. Have the Celtics made any
progress since the beginning of this season? This team knows they suck on
the road. They know their road record is embarrassing. They know it has to
change. I wouldn't mind if they could find a way to at least be
competitive, but right now, they're just lost. After 35 games, sorry,
there's no excuse for a total beating against the T-Wolves when you know
you have to start playing better on the road. This team, this "coaching
staff" has no clue. Right now they're all just a collection of excuses on
the court. After last night's game, does anybody actually believe these
guys are even close to being competitive against the Wolves. The Wolves
have obviously made progress this year. You know, everybody who says
Pitino's a bb genius is right. He knows everything about basketball
strategy...EVERYTHING! Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think that something
gets lost in the translation when he teaches it at this level. Perhaps he's
too smart for his own good, I don't know. Yes, these players are young. But
that's no excuse for playing absolutely without a clue, game after game on
the road. You'd think they'd at least be able to get up for a team like the
Wolves and catch them by surprise. Now, I'm all for being positive and
having faith, but if these guys don't get it together and at least make
some progress this season, I think the blame has to be placed squarely on
Ricky's shoulders. If they lose Saturday night, somebody needs to walk into
Pitino's office and tell him that he has the rest of the year to actually
prove that he can teach these guys how to become a better team. He needs to
figure out how to reach these players and get them to respond on the court.
Right now, I'm sorry, I don't know why I should believe Pitino knows what
to do next. If things don't change soon, this "Pitino experiment" can only
be called a failure.

Paul M.