Re: What does the future hold?

Hard to say. I hope we beat NJ and Washington on the road, but we are in a
shooting slump at the moment (.406FG% over the past four games). I feel
terrible for this team right now, but they are just "inconsistent" enough to
have a great shooting game next time around.

I think Pitino should tell his players: "you better defeat NJ and Washington
because you are a MUCH better team than they are." I'm tired of this "I fear
games against Chicago" stuff.  Imagine if Bird of KC Jones used that kind of
"motivation" in their coaching? A little more swagger and confidence wouldn't
hurt when our guys are wearing our green uniform on the road. You need to
expect to win in order to win. We've dropped not just some but literally ALL of
our road games against the bottom feeders, be they the Bulls, the Grizzlies,
Houston (the NBA's fourth worst home record) or the Clippers. That's what makes
the unsightly 2-14 record seem even worse. I hope it is 4-14 after the end of
the road trip and we can maintain it from there. The Celts may be able to cover
this minus-10 win shortfall with our strong play at home.

****