From: Jim Meninno [mailto:jim_meninno@hotmail.com]
Sent: 10 January 2000 09:58
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: RE: sick of losing to the WORST teams...

>From: "John Lyell" <Jlyell@concentric.net>
>
>Its time to forget about Lewis & Bias. I am sure the Lakers didn't expect
>Magic to come down with HIV either.

Yeah, you're right.  The Lakers lost Magic maybe a full two years before he
would have retired anyway.  That equates to losing one all-star player who
was just hitting his prime, and another player (the number 2 pick in the
draft, when that meant something) who may very well have been even better
(we'll never know).  Is it "time to forget about Lewis and Bias"?  Of course
not.  Is it time that the Celtics were able to put together a decent team
without using them as an excuse?  Yes.  But you are the one who brought up
the Lakers, and wanted to know why the Celtics have sunk further from glory
than they did.  To try and pretend that those two tragic deaths didn't have
something to do with that is absurd.  However, that is the hand the Celtics
were dealt and they must play it. Now, if you seem to think the Lakers are a
better organization and you'd rather be a fan of them, you are perfectly
free to do so, but I don't think you'll get much respect around here.

Jim