Re: Tiny followup

I love Tiny! When he was with the Celtics he could penetrate at will and
score or be fouled or score and be fouled. It was almost unfair. I remember
how miserable I was when he went down with an injury during the playoffs. I
knew it was a mortal wound. I don't know about Bird's assessment of him but
Archibald was an absolute monster B-ball player and remains my favorite
Celtic guard.

        I have to admit that I was a nanosecond away from a ranting raving
anti Antoine screed aimed at the list. He was playing so miserably night
after night . I didn't know what to think. I like Antoine ( I have more
than a few Antoine shirts and stuff) but he seemed to be playing underwater
game after game. I composed a rant in my head and decided (while out
walking my dog) that I was going to put my two cents in because I had had
enough. However, using the patience and restraint I've learned from being a
married guy and a daddy that I was going to hold out a little bit longer.
I'm glad I did because he's really turned it around and has played great
lately. I wish he had one more game in his run of 7 good games because i
really hate the Knicks and this endless losing streak.

Controversy and infighting , Parcells and intrigue, are always going to
keep the competing sports on the backburner in this town. Thats why the
Celtics and Antoines recent re-emergence have taken a backseat to the
football thing. The Celtics long history of excellence has sometimes forced
people to acknowledge them, but they will always be the bridesmaid in the
Boston sporting eye. Proof is the rediculous pick of "Teddy Ballgame" as
the #1 Boston sportsman of the century. The one time he came close to a
ring he hit 200. That was never mentioned in  the mawkish bs written to
justify picking him over a two time Ncaa champ, an Olympic Champ, and a
winner of 11 professional championships. Ah, please don't get me started!

                                    Michael A. DiZio