Re: Clippers selling Kandi *cheap*??? [NBA Talk]

>From: opi@unesco.org

>I say let V guard big centers straight up from now on this season and I
>think he'll hold his ground. His hands also seem better this year and he's
>the anti-thesis of selfish (7.0 shot attempts per game despite an efficient
>.514FG%) or lazy (.774FT% after being the team's worst guy last year) and
>you'll probably miss having his 290 pound body around the minute he's gone.
>He's less than a month older than Kandi and seems to have as strong a work
>ethic as you could hope
>for. I believe he'll be among the top half of playoff-bound NBA starting
>centers in terms of value before long (including future trade value), which
>is all (or more than) you can ask of a secondary role player on a team with
>winning talent.

I'm with you, Joe.  V is very valuable to this team, and I would only give
him up for a serious and immediate upgrade at center, which none of Foyle,
Dampier or Olowokandi can provide.  All of those guys are gambles.
Obviously Kandi has the most potential of the group, including V, but why
take that chance?  On top of that, even in the best case scenerio, he's
years away from being good.

Jim