Rumors/Decisions

Happy New Year to everyone.

Did anyone see the article on the Lakers trying to get Mcgrady in a 3 way
with Miami and Toronto ?  This is Jerry West, even though they have the best
record and have been beating everyone, he is never afraid to make a move he
thinks will make his team better. Even if he is trading a proven scorer like
Rice for an unproven commodity like Mcgrady.

I don't know if their is any truth to it but it had:

Mcgrady to LA
Rice to Miami
Mashburn and Strickland to Toronto

It also mentioned a Van Horn for Walker swap.

If we believe Fortson will be our 4 this might make sense. Van Horn might be
better suited for the 3 spot, but they both have had their ups and downs. I
like how AW has been playing, lets see if he can keep this up with PP &
Fortson back. If AW can play the 3 spot along with Pierece at the 2, and
Fortson can give us 8-10 boards a game and some of the offense he had at
Cincinnati, we should be set at these spots. Anderson has played well at the
1, so the 4 & 5 spots are key.

We need to give Fortson a close look.  If he can't provide it, we should not
sign him to a long term deal and Walker will move back to the 4 ,and we
should move someone for a 3 like McGrady or maybe a Larry Hughes ?  Battie
and Fortson for Van Horn ? Battie or Fortson for Mo Taylor ?

Personally with Golden State in turmoil, I would try to get Foyle for VP.
Foyle plays with a lot of heart and could be the dominant shot blocker he
was in college. Dampier would be nice also. VP and Battie for 2 of Dampier,
Foyle, or Marshall ?

We have more problems at the 4 and especially 5 spot we need to fix or it
will be a long season. One of Battie or VP have to go, but it may be
difficult to find a taker. They just can't bring the tenaciousness and
rebounding mentality we need.

Someone mentioned we don't need Ben Wallace or Outlaw,  they provide no
offense. They provide as much as Battie or VP, but we really need them for
some aggressive rebounding and D, not so much for offensive purposes.
Griffin is still leading the team in rebounding.

John

John

.

.