re: Tom Murphy's post

Tom, that was an eloquent and well-thought-out post.  But I have to disagree about
two things.  The first is your plan to blow up the team.  My reason for objecting to it
is that I just lived through the ML Carr era, and I can't take two or three or four more
years of rebuilding.  I think we have the players we need to compete in the East.  We
might have to deal Antoine, the way Miami dealt Glen Rice, before all is said and done
but not for a role player.  As bad as we are, we do have star power, even if it only works
in bursts, and most of the time backfires on us.

second, I disagree with your assesment of the season if we make the playoffs.  If we
make the playoffs, THIS SEASON NEVER HAPPENED.  The Chicago losses didn't happen.
The Milwaukee and Atlanta losses never happened.  The Fortson debacle -- never happened.
We went into the season with the plan of making the playoffs.  If we make them, we have
done what we needed to do.  And since to make them we need to play two months of consistent
basketball, there is no way any of us will be ragging on the team come playoff team if they have
pulled it off.

In fact, game one of the season starts tonight:  Beat the Mavericks!
Joshua Ozersky
Marketing Communications
Environmental Products Division
Corning Incorporated.